So, there is no fixed timetable for Overalflex. A taxi will pick you up at a bus stop at the agreed time, and will take you as quickly as possible to your selected bus stop. You may have to share the vehicle with other passengers. But that only happens if your arrival time is not affected. Reservations can be made via a free flex-app or by calling.
- More departure times in areas that used to have only one bus an hour.
- Environmentally friendly: no more large empty buses.
- Customised transport with seat guarantee for all passengers (space for wheelchair and pushchair).
- Does not stop at every bus stop and therefore often faster.
- Easy to book via a flex-app or telephone.
- Easy payment with your OV-chipkaart, debit card or credit card.
- Via the app, you can see the exact time your transportation will arrive.
- No unnecessary waiting around at the bus stop.
Where does Overalflex run?
The flex-buses are currently used in the following isolated areas within the Noord-Holland Noord region:
- Breezand – connection to Anna Paulowna NS
- Bakkum – connection to Castricum NS
- Callantsoog and surrounding area – connection to Schagen NS
- Graft-De Rijp / West-Graftdijk and surrounding area – connection to Alkmaar NS
- Midwoud / Oostwoud and surrounding area – connection to Hoorn NS
- Egmond-Binnen – connection to Heiloo NS
- Dirkshorn and surrounding area – connection to Schagen NS
When does Overalflex run?
Consult the table below. The green fields indicate time slots when Overalflex buses run in that area. The grey fields indicate time slots when the regular public transport service runs and the then relevant line number. In other words, Overalflex does not run during the grey time slots.
Making a reservationYou must make a reservation at least 30 minutes in advance. You can make a reservation up to 14 days in advance.
Making a reservation using the appYou can make a reservation 24/7 via the OVflex app. Download the OVflex app for iPhone (iOS 9 and higher) or Android (6.0 or higher) and follow the instructions in the app.
Making a reservation per telephoneYou can also order Overalfle by calling 088-6000 981. Overalflex can be reached by telephone on working days from 06.00 to 20.30 hrs and on weekends and public holidays from 07.30 to 20.30 hrs.
The driver will call you if you are not at the chosen bus stop. If you do not get to the bus stop on time, the driver can decide to leave after one minute. The ride will then be cancelled. If you paid in advance, you will not receive a refund.
Our system works per person. It is therefore possible that you will be picked up by different vehicles if you make a reservation separately. If you want to travel together, order for several people (maximum 4) from the same location and with the same account. If you travel with more than 4 people, order 2 times with 2 different accounts.
When a person makes a reservation for a group, s/he also will pay for the entire group. It is not possible to pay individually. Any repayment must be settled amongst the group members themselves.
- An Overalflex ride costs the standard public transport rate. In the OVflex app you can check how much your trip will cost. When making a reservation per telephone, you can ask the cost of your chosen trip.
- Children in a stroller are allowed to travel for free. Children who are not in a stroller are considered to be an extra passenger and need to pay for a seat.
- If the bus driver has to make a detour, you will not have to pay extra.
- Subscriptions and (age) discounts are valid if you pay with your personal OV-chipkaart.
Means of paymentWhen you make a reservation with the app, you can immediately pay using your credit card. You can also choose to pay on the bus. Then you pay the bus driver using your OV-chipkaart, debit card or credit card. It is not possible to pay with cash.
Bring with youYou can take anything that fits within 47x73x34 cm with you. If you want to take more with you, book an extra seat. Do you want to bring a stroller or wheelchair? Please indicate this when you make your reservation.
An guide dog is allowed, but must remain on the floor and not on a seat. The driver may require other pets to be carried in a bag or carrier measuring a maximum of 47x73x34 cm.